Manuscripts and Archives Research Library
Address & Enquiries: Manuscripts and Archives Research Library, The Old Library, Trinity College Dublin, College Street, Dublin 2; email: email@example.com; Telephone: +353 1 8961189.
Finding Aids: T.K. Abbott, Catalogue of the Manusripts in the Library of Trinity College, Dublin. London: Hodges-Figgis/Longmans-Green, 1900: 403-406, 435 (Mss 1503-1513, 1677).
Notes: 12 manuscripts. As many as 8 of these were acquired in 1661 as part of the Library of Archbishop James Ussher, which had been purchased for Trinity college a few years before by the officers and soliders of Comwell’s army (Abbott, iii; Book of Trinity College, 149). Ussher had obtained several Middle Eastern manuscripts through Thomas Davies, a British merchant of Aleppo. Ms. 1510 was presented to the Library in 1682 by Dr. Huntingdon of Merton College, Oxford (afterward Provost of Trinity College).
1504=B.5.6 (Bar Ebroyo Grammar, 1299); 1505=B.5.32 (Kalilah and Dimnah, ed. Wright 1884); 1506=B.5.18; 1508=B.5.19 1509 & 1677=B.5.16; 1511=B.5.7; 1512=B.2.9
Useful Links: http://www.tcd.ie/Library/manuscripts/.